Every Family should have a firts aid kit in their home. But not every family's kit should be the same, according to the Singapore Healyh Promotion Board. The board has a few suggestions to get started:
- Thermomometer - Either the traditional glass type or the new slectronic kind is an important tool for monitoring fever.
- A Small torch - This can be used to find small objects ambedded in an ear or nostril, and to look at the back of the throat.
- Materials for treating small wounds - Cotton swabs, antiseptic solution, antibotic ointment, guze bandages and adhesive tape to secure it, and bandage scissors.
- Tweezers - For removing splinters and things lodge in the skin.
- Simple medications - Paracetamol, antacids, antihistamines for allergies and runny nose, cough medicine and diarrhoea medicine.
Affter stocking your kit with the bascis, customise it with special items your family might need, such as inhalers for asthma. Keep emerency phone numbers nearby to call in the professionals for serious problems.